Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence

This morning eco-kids received an email from our Japanese Distributor.  He was letting us know that eco-kids products are now available in 60 retail shops in Japan.  Along with the email, they sent pictures of our products in their Japanese packaging.  I'm really blown away by this...how did this happen?  How amazing!  What an accomplishment for my family, my business, and our staff.  So many times our bank account has drifted to the point of me loosing my sanity from worry.  But each time, we reinvested more money and believed that we were on the right track.  It is moments like this that makes the stress worth every penny.  

I think about how I grew up and how my father always talked to me about persistence.  Once when I was 13, and struggling in school, he gave me a plaque with a quote on it. I have never forgotten this quote and it has led me through life.  It has also given me the strength to fail over and over again so that I could finally succeed.  I will always be grateful to my father for giving me this knowledge.  Trust me, he had to be persistent and persevere to get it in my thick skull.

So...as eco-kids still perseveres to maintain relevancy in the marketplace, moments like this are affirmations of our goals and our visions.  It is important for all of us, no matter what walk of life, to have these moments of success after persevering through the challenges.  So I am humbled and thankful that my father talked to me about persistence, and that I now have this story and photos to share with my children and pass on this knowledge.


Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan “Press On” has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
- Calvin Coolidge


 eco-kids in Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment